STRONG, RELIABLE AND EASY TO USE SWIVEL SLING HOOK JBLIFTING
There are two types of swivel hooks and the user should be aware of the type of swivel hook that they’re using prior to lifting a load into the air:
- Positioning Swivel Hook – This type of hook swivels to allow the rigger to properly align the hook during connection to the load. This type of hook is NOT designed to rotate while under load and is only to be used when you need to position the hook onto the pick point.
- True Swivel Hook with Bearing – This type of swivel hook has a bearing inside that allows the hook to rotate freely under load. The top fitting swivels and pivots to allow the load to rotate to prevent twisting of the rigging.
- Any hook that is designed to have a latch, should have the latch installed
- New slings are sold with the latch installed unless the customer requests no latch
- If customers make an inquiry about the use of a latch on a hook, we may recommend for them to consider several OSHA standard interpretations
We advise that the end user must evaluate the work activity with regards to the safety of their employees. If the activity makes the use of the latch impractical, unnecessary, or more dangerous, then the end user may choose to eliminate the latch. It is also recommended that each lifting activity is considered independently as far as the use of a hook latch is concerned.
DESCRIPTION FOR SWIVEL SLING HOOK:
- Designed for coupling with Grade 80 alloy chain or wire rope for over head lifting operations.
- Versatile assembly for multipurpose applications.
- Material: G80 alloy steel (quenched and tempered)
- Proof load: 2.5 times of WLL.
- Safety factory: 4:1.
- Fatigue rated 1.5 times of WLL at 20,000 cycles.
- Finish: Color painted
- According to standard: EN1677-4
- Traceability code, capacity and WLL embossed.
There are no reviews yet.